Seeking a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment conducive to the practice of software development, project management, problem solving, and people skills.
- Cross-platform C/C++ in Visual Studio and GCC environments
- Experience in cross-platform development and packaging using CMake (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Proficient in C++, C, Python, Java, C#, MATLAB, Objective-C
- Experience in Agile, test driven design, and waterfall-like processes
- Expert in Subversion and Git
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Ability to serve in both a technical and supervisory role on demanding projects
- Extensive experience in software requirements specification, architectural/detailed design, and quality assurance
- In-depth knowledge of government proposal writing and contracting
- Experience steering large software projects toward CMMI Level 3 certification
- HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, SQL
- Web frameworks - Django and bespoke frameworks
- SQL Server, MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Experience in designing and deploying highly available database-driven services, primarily for geospatial applications
- Experience with SOAP/REST APIs
- Windows/Linux server administration and hardening
- Natural public speaker
- Level-headed in high-stress situations
- Experience in designing and implementing a secure data model from handset to server
- B.S. Software Engineering - 2012
Mississippi State University - Mississippi State, MS
- Certified Information Assurance Professional - 2012
Mississippi State University - Mississippi State, MS
- Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Technical Achievement Award - 2009
Student Scholarship - 2009
Technical Achievement Award - 2016
- WINTEC, Inc. - Shalimar, FL
Software Engineer (June 2017 - present)
Embedded ARM development and testing, with particular emphasis on MIL-STD-1760/1553.
- Applied Research Associates, Inc. - Niceville, FL
Software Engineer (2012 - May 2017)
Specialized in modeling and simulation (M&S) for the Department of Defense, with an emphasis on directed energy engineering tools. Served as a project manager and technical contributor to a large, multi-year effort involving several Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) research directorates. Previously a project manager and technical contributor to a smaller effort that integrated an M&S framework into the DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC) high-performance computing environment. Supervised a group of nine developers (incl. three remote). Instrumental in the adoption of the Agile software lifecycle for our group, and eventual CMMI Level 3 certification. Became proficient in the compilation of MATLAB codes to C++ DLLs using MATLAB Compiler. Demonstrable experience in mission and engagement level simulation frameworks. Developer-level experience with the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) tool. Former member of Directed Energy Professional Society (DEPS), with continuing education units earned. Hands-on knowledge of the contracting process: customer development, direct marketing, cost estimation, proposal writing, contract execution, and reporting.
- CSE Department, Mississippi State University - Starkville, MS
Student Worker (Spring 2012)
Developed testing that assessed law enforcement advancement in distance-learning courses pertaining to digital forensics. Assisted in the conversion of course materials for use in an in-house distance learning web application for law enforcement professionals across the United States. Scored papers belonging to digital forensics and computer security students.
- Metal Tech, Inc. - Gulfport, MS
Senior IT Administrator (2007 - May 2012)
Responsible for network infrastructure, all office equipment, and security between two locations. Tasked with ensuring uninterrupted access to enterprise resource management software, email, and web services. Acquired an in-depth knowledge of Linux and Windows server administration.
- Applied Research Associates, Inc. - Vicksburg, MS
Software Developer (2008 - Sep. 2011) (co-op/intern)
Established an iPhone application development capability within the Southern Division of ARA. Lead developer of MitSurveyIE, an iPhone application that facilitates rapid inspection of homes and businesses for resistance against hurricane damage. Designed most of the user interface, underlying functionality, and cross-platform (iPhone/Windows Server) encryption schemes. Served as the sole developer on SSAM Webview, a database-driven web application built to monitor and manage networks of sound pressure level sensors.
- Expanded IT capabilities of a small company to accommodate an additional office
- Designed and installed IT closet
- Established secure VPN connectivity between offices
- Designed and installed multi-camera video surveillance systems, both dedicated DVR and Linux server based
- Built bespoke CAD/3D animation workstations
Security, Disaster Recovery, and Digital Forensics
- Designed highly-available, cost-effective Linux and Windows servers with comprehensive redundancy and security
- Defined and implemented a comprehensive disaster recovery plan for a small company's data
- RAID5+1 (2 rotating off-site backups), with room for expansion
- All drives encrypted
- Contingencies for fire, flood, theft, destruction, and power failure; site is in hurricane-prone region
- Saved the company thousands of dollars and additional recurring costs when compared to more expensive options from leading hardware vendors, popular online backup services, and backup-as-a-service vendors
- Lead role in the recovery of, and subsequent investigation into the malicious destruction of corporate data by an ex-employee.
- Some important source code had to be disassembled from several recovered binaries
- Overall takedown was conducted similar to law enforcement best practices (I have formal education in this area)-acquisition, authentication, and analysis
- Freelance web development
- Political campaign websites
- Private school fund-raising websites
- Corporate websites
- Facebook applications